Friday, July 26, 2013

Introductions

Welcome to my blog! This is my very first post on this site and I am excited to get started. First and foremost I want to introduce myself. Hi. My name is Jami (pronounced jay-mee like Jamie). I get that question more than what should be logical. What's yours?

Did that large picture of my face frighten you?
 
So, that's me. I am supremely awkward and rarely take pictures of myself but there you go. You can also find out some more information about me in the Bio section of my blog and probably also on Google. I haven't set up too many social media sites just yet, but if you have any suggestions as to where I should be other than the big 3 (facebook, Twitter, Google+) let me know. I am on Instagram and Pinterest. They probably aren't too relevant for this blog but I have no objections of you looking me up if you are interested.
 
Some things about me that you should probably know;  I am an MFA student in creative writing. I will have completed my creative thesis and graduate in March 2014. I have never been published to date, although I haven't submitted too much. I am sarcastic much of the time. I don't read literary fiction or award winning books and I don't know all the trade secrets or many authors by name (my brain just fails to remember author names, but your name I will remember and it will probably creep you out). What I do know is academic writing, fiction writing and screenwriting and I have done well in all of these. I currently have a 4.0 GPA. So, eat that if you don't think I know what I am talking about. Just kidding. Or am I?
 
Enough about me, let's talk about writing. That's why we are all here correct? Some things I want to talk about on this blog is student writing such as: essay writing, tips, topics, references, etc. I also want to discuss the creative writing process, frustrations, publishing, books, author branding and daily writing life. Lastly, I want to include things I have learned about teaching writing. However, I try to do this in a fun and interesting way because sometimes these topics can be extraordinarily boring. I also like to make fun of things, usually the things I do, in my videos. So, beware.
 
So, for now, I would just like to hear from all you internet people as to what sort of things you would like to see from me. What are you most interested in and/or what can't you find about writing online that you would like to know? I have no problem doing research for a question I can't answer. Leave me comments down below or message me directly. Thanks for visiting and if you enjoyed anything on my page please subscribe or follow me. And get excited because things are about to get real weird.
 
Ta Ta For Now!
 
 
-Jami Lynn