Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blog Revamp: Books, Books and More Books!

I'm back. *waves (source)
Hello! I'm back, finally. I think I owe you an explanation. You see, I got side tracked writing about writing all the time. I was thinking about writing and writing about writing that I actually didn't have much time or energy to focus on, well, writing. So, I sort of quit the blogging to focus on my novel. Which I did for about a year and basically have scrapped everything at this point. The reason being, I couldn't pin point a brand I wanted to pursue. While many authors can get away with jumping genres, finding and keeping loyal readers is usually what makes you a successful author. My ideas ranged from contemporary to YA fantasy and I just couldn't see building and maintaining a brand with these novels. So, basically I am back to square one. Well, not totally. I didn't scrap all my books. I just revamped them to focus more on YA speculative fiction. For those of you that don't know what it is, it is kind of a realistic dystopian/ science fiction genre. Some of the most popular books from this genre are Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. They are stories that could happen in the real world based on a certain set of factors.

So, because I am starting over on my writing journey, I thought I should revamp my blog as well. I probably will still write about writing occasionally, but I want to focus this blog more on reading and reviewing books. Studying published work is probably the best way to help a writer, aka me. I hope you are ready to talk about books!

If you have any suggestions for me to read and review please to my policy in the contact me section of my blog!

Ta Ta,

Jami